Monday, January 25, 2010

On 61st Republic Day - Dedicated to "GREAT" Gujaratis




Hii all. The other day when I was busy engaged to my work, a friend called me up to give some "Good news". Proud voice from the other end came "Mare ghare babo avvano chhe" (I am going to be a father). Yes I know its customary in Gujarati to call a coming child "babo". But somehow that pharses ruffled my mood & without congratulating him I spurted on him "How do you know it would be a BABO and not BABY". Those words stamped to my mind whole day.

Here are some statistic of lapsided sex ratio.Sex ratio of India is 927 females, For gujarat the ratio is 919. Child sex ratio 878. These dwindling number forced me to look the families near me. Most of the recent cuddles are boy child. Surely something is going fishy.The issue has been rhapsodised much by the govt. But something is going wrong. Unravelling the root cause I came to conclusion that our social customs, Bull shit values & lame family system is responsible for it (of which we are soo proud.)

I don't understand what the fuck these marons will achieve by having a male child & what they will loose if they have girl child. Male child runs the clan argument is a total shit.Expecting a care from a son in old age is purely a business.Yes, this kind of dilapidated thinking still prevails in our society after 60 years of "REPUBLIC INDIA" Even from younger generation of my age I have heard "Amare to banne sarkha (Boy- girl equal)" but somewhere in corner of their mind coveting for boy child. Bloody hypocrates. They don't know they are landing up in big trouble in future. Forget the consequences morally also how can we do this kind of hineous acts.

And yes we only are responsible for the dwindling statistics. Poor people will not have such fortune to create imbalance. (Highest sex ratio in gujarat is in Dang - Tribal population). This is gruesome...Shame India Shame......

5 comments:

  1. ya. i am 100 percent agree with what u stated. my mind is very small to think about these issues. but lets begin with ours.This is the burning problem of the world. i think that this issue may be one of the reason of the global warming.

    once again i appreciate your thought.i saluate u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your thoughts but for the solution of this problem, we need to look at the roots of the problem. WHY people don't want a girl child?

    Is it just the tradition which peple have got in jeans or the traditional customs or the problems that a girl faces during different stages of her life as compared to a boy? What is the reason behind consistancy of the dangerous thought? Is it the probable benefits that a boy can give to his parents or the probable problems that a girl can give to her parents?

    Just try to find out...

    Sorry I couldn't dare to comment against your vocabulary...but the topic you raised, I couldn't stop myself writing a comment !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do definitely agree with your thoughts and points raised in the blog. Unfortunately, very sorry to say that the Indian educated people are striving for male baby only ... then How Can we blame to illerate folk
    OK.. buck up...

    ReplyDelete